Hearing loss is one of the most overlooked health concerns today—and it’s a much bigger issue than many people realize. In fact, there are an estimated 38 million Americans with some form of hearing loss right now.
Multiple studies have indicated that hearing loss may be linked to increased rates of depression, a greater risk of developing dementia, and higher likelihood of experiencing a fall. However, hearing aids have been shown to greatly improve the quality of life for people with hearing loss. Although hearing aids aren’t a cure for hearing loss, those who wear hearing aids report that the aids have helped them improve their mental health, build stronger relationships with family and friends and even earn higher salaries at work.
TruHearing is a stand alone discount program available to Heartland Health & Wellness Fund plan participants with vision coverage. To get the discounts on hearing aids, a member must:
Call TruHearing at 844.216.4121 and identify as being with VSP then schedule an appointment.
- Attend appointment, receive exam and purchase hearing aids from TruHearing.
- VSP members may also add for free: Spouse and dependents up to the age of 26; up to four additional family members (like parents, grandparents, siblings).
Hearing Aid Purchases Include:
- 3 follow-up visits with a provider for fitting and adjustments
- 45-day trial
- 3-year manufacturer warranty for repairs and one-time loss and damage replacement
- 4 free batteries per hearing aid
Average savings of $980 per hearing aid compared to national average prices
Quality & Choice
TruHearing offers a wide variety of the latest digital hearing aids from top manufacturers
Local professional care from over 3,800 Tru Hearing providers nationswide