This easy weeknight dinner incorporating delicate angel hair pasta with the fresh, simple Mediterranean flavors of basil, tomato, spinach, lemon, and feta cheese is ridiculously quick, and totally satisfies.
SERVES 4; CALORIES: 347 per serving
- 8oz gluten-free or regular angel hair pasta (dish will not be GF if using regular pasta)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1-1/2lbs raw medium shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 cups gluten-free chicken broth, divided
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil (could use Italian seasoning)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 1/4 cup torn fresh basil
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. At the same time, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, then stir together 1/2 cup chicken broth and cornstarch in a small bowl and set aside. Drop the pasta into the water and cook until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, add shrimp to the hot oil, season with salt & pepper, then cook through flipping once. Add garlic and stir continuously for 30 more seconds. Remove shrimp and garlic to a plate and set aside.
- To the same skillet add 1 cup chicken broth, lemon juice, and dried basil. Pour in cornstarch and chicken broth mixture then bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Add spinach, cherry tomatoes, and cooked shrimp and garlic,then stir until spinach is wilted. Turn off heat, add in cooked pasta, and toss to combine.
- Divide among plates then serve topped with feta cheese, fresh basil, and freshly cracked pepper, if desired.