The red peppers and spinach give this healthy egg casserole holiday appeal. We served it at the Heartland Health & Wellness Fund Open Enrollment breakfast to give everyone a great start to a busy day!
Total Time:1 hour
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook Time:45 minutes
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, all excess liquid squeezed out
- 1/2 cup scallions, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped artichokes (from canned), drained and patted dry
- 1/3 cup diced red pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 8 large eggs
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup fat free milk
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- crushed red pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spray a 9 x 13 casserole dish with nonstick spray.
- In a small bowl combine spinach, scallions, artichoke, red pepper, garlic and dill. Pour into the casserole dish spreading evenly.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, egg whites, milk, parmesan, salt and pepper. Mix in feta cheese and pour over vegetables.
- Sprinkle crushed red pepper on top to add preferred level of spice
- Bake until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean, 32 to 35 minutes.
- Let stand 8 to 10 minutes before cutting into 8 pieces.
Yield: 8 servings, Serving Size: 1/8th slice
- Amount Per Serving:
- Freestyle Points: 1
- Points +: 3
- Calories: 128 calories
- Total Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 196mg
- Sodium: 439mg
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 1g
- Protein: 11g
Read more at https://www.skinnytaste.com/spinach-artichoke-and-feta-breakfast/#8qh7IrgcCDhWDDC1.99