Career Posted – February 6, 2019
The Communications Specialist creates innovative communication materials that will motivate and educate our member base as well as the general public.
Heartland Health & Wellness Fund is seeking a talented communications professional with demonstrated writing and graphic design experience. He/she will create marketing campaigns and content including collateral, social media and other printed materials. The ideal candidate is a high energy individual with strong initiative and artistic vision.
A Bachelor’s Degree or higher with at least one year of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience, is desired. Experience in Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, e-mail blast software, and HTML is helpful.
Heartland Health & Wellness Fund is 39,000 members strong, comprised of plan participants, spouses and dependents in Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, Michigan, West Virginia and Wisconsin represented by the United Food and Commercial Workers (UFCW) union. As a regional health plan, Heartland provides quality health and wellness benefits and eligibility information to its plan participants and their families.
- Develop effective communication strategies to engage and inform participants
- Manage/develop participant communications (newsletter, eNews, website, social media, etc.)
- Create content (e.g. infographics, news stories, forms and videos) for company communication platforms
- Website – Regularly develop and design fresh content for newsfeed. Post quarterly newsletter. Produce strategic videos for use on homepage. Edit and update content with legal changes. Create and manage strategic homepage infographics.
- Social Media – Regularly develop and share fresh content across all social media platforms including but not limited to; Facebook, lnstagram, Linkedln,Twitter and YouTube. Promote and grow participant use of social media through interaction and awareness.
- Print – Produce print communications for Heartland including (but not limited to): Newsletter, postcards, posters, business cards, flyers, pamphlets, handbills, letters, forms, etc.
- Video – Produce a variety of videos for training, wellness education and open enrollment
- Newsletter – Produce quarterly newsletter for participants and trustees
- eNews – Produce monthly eNews for participants and trustees
- Wellness Communication: Under the direction of the Wellness Director, develop communications to promote wellness to participants. Utilize all communication platforms, robo calls and third-party wellness website to promote the wellness program. Support Wellness Coordinator with communication materials.
- Open Enrollment Communication: As directed by the COO, implement Open Enrollment communication strategy and meet all assigned production deadlines.
- Administration Communication: Develop and produce communication materials as directed by senior management.
- Administrative Duties: Inventory and order promotional items for wellness program and open enrollment. Manage software licenses.
- Outside Communication: Provide planning and communication materials for UFCW special programs, quarterly trustee report, attend steward seminars and union events.
- Experience in story development, writing copy and editing for print, video, web, etc.
- Experience in graphic design, website maintenance, email blast software, robo calls, etc.
- Understanding of project management principles
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills
- Organizational and planning skills
- Proficient command of English