We can’t think of a better dish for this time of the year. This is definitely very filling with the carrots, turnip and meat in there. Also, this ground turkey white bean kale soup is very hearty and comforting. We’re sure you are going to love the combination of the white beans and kale (this green is always great to add extra nutrients). So good!
TOTAL TIME: 30 MINS
PREP TIME: 10 MINS
COOK TIME: 20 MINS
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 large carrots, finely diced
- 1 turnip, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 (19 ounces) can white cannellini beans, drained, and rinsed
- 1 cup kale, stems removed and roughly chopped
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot over high heat, add olive oil. When the oil is hot, turn the heat down to medium.
- Add ground turkey, garlic, salt and pepper. Use a wood spoon breaking up the turkey while it cooks.
- When the ground turkey is no longer pink, add onions, carrots, turnip and bay leaves. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add white beans, kale, chicken broth and bring it to a boil.
- Cook for about 10 to 15mins.
- Taste and add any extra seasonings, if necessary.
Yield: 6, Serving Size: 1/6
Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 246
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 53mg
- Sodium: 581mg
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Fiber: 7g
- Sugar: 4g
- Protein: 22g